Ever wondered how celebrities like Megan Fox, Gigi Hadi and self-proclaimed queen of selfies Kim Kardashian as well as her sisters take the perfect selfies with no filter?
We’ve rounded up 5 ways to get amazing skin IRL (in real life) that needs no facetune or filters.
Clean Skin 101
- Start with seriously clean skin. Exfoliating your skin twice a week will make sure your skin looks soft and supple with no dead skin in sight! Use a gadget like Foreo – we’re seriously obsessed with cutest new travel friendly Foreo Play for just Dh180! At a bargain, you get an amazing product that pulsates and deeply cleanses dirtiest and most clogged pores – team it up with the Day and Night Cleansers and finish off with a serum and moisturizer that has a gel like formula to moisturize, lift skin and blur out imperfections.
Prime and Perfect
- Whether you’re going with the no make-up look, or prepping for a glam face – a primer is a must for flawless skin! A favourite and absolute essential amongst celeb make-up artists and beauty bloggers alike swear by it for long lasting make-up and even looking skin. A primer allows you to fill in fine lines and wrinkles plus smooth any uneven texture to create a soft focus so you can say good-bye to face tuning and filters.
Finish with Foundation
- To get picture perfect make-up, use a foundation that will instantly blur lines, and diffuse unevenness even further. Using a HD foundation covers up even the tiniest flaws leaving skin looking camera ready. Finish with a translucent powder which will literally be the only filter you need. Not only does it make pro-long your make-up but it’s formulated in a way that will soften up your skin.
The Right Light
- When taking a #nofilter selfie – lighting may be key but also playing up your favourite features can also help put things in focus. Brighten up your eyes with a hydrating and luminescent concealer and a touch of mascara to open them up even further, or make like the celebs and get yourself gorgeous lashes with Let’s Go Lashes. For perfect brows to frame your face opt for the Dynamic Brows to tint and shape them so they make the perfect statement. Make sure you also prep your pucker – scrub your lips and hydrate them with lip loving sweet almond oil. Let the oil soak in before you apply on natural toned lipstick. For bigger looking lips – use a semi-matte formula, we love the all-natural range of Absolution Organic Lipsticks for the perfect finish.
- The best kept secret to get skin staying flawless is to spritz on a make-up setting spray. It’s like hairspray for your face but doesn’t feel like a lacquer; instead the weightless formula is a gentle mist which allows skin to look breathable and less cakey. Re-spray a few minutes before your selfie as it gives skin gorgeous dewiness and adds a touch of glow while also keeping your make-up in place and on for longer.